Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Riot Tip: Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer

Riot Tip: Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer

Why do I love this idea you ask?

WELL…if you're anything like me, you've got piles and piles of trinkets and tools hidden all over your craft room just waiting to be put to good use. Let me emphasize HIDDEN.

I don't know how many times I've gone through my craft room in a, what would be assumed crack head induced, cleaning spree and finding items that would have been 'so useful at that time' had I actually remembered that I owned them. Glue I forgot about, scissors I now had 4 pairs of now, paint I didn't even remember buying; all this little stuff that I could have used but didn't because I hid it away in drawers and boxes forever ago and completely forgot about it. Out of sight out of mind. (I also tended to forget where I put some items so that didn't help either.)

This was my solution:





I know what you're thinking:
"How did I not think of this before?!"
It has the versatility of being out of the way but right there in your face as well as being something easy to afford. You can see everything that was in it and even the smallest trinket was visible!

It's the perfect idea for the 'I have too much stuff'  kind of crafter.

You can purchase these in all kinds of styles (I recommend clear so you can see what's inside of it) and sizes, at a fairly cheap price. I think I paid under $10 for mine at Wal-Mart. 
Other places I have seen these sold at are Target, Big Lots, Bed Bath and Beyond, K-Mart, Goodwill (used), some Dollar Stores, Ross and other various department stores.

I recommend avoiding buying these at craft stores though. Some craft stores have figured out this is a way to "cash in" on a good idea and have customized products that they charge a ridiculous amount for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More