Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tutorial: DIY Chalkboard Picture Frame


Tutorial: DIY Chalkboard Picture Frame


Make a funky-cool message board using chalkboard paint and a picture frame! 
A simple tutorial you can do in just a few easy steps!











Items Needed:

  • Picture frame (the one I used, I found at Target)
  • Chalkboard paint (I picked up mine at Home Depot, but many other stores carry this)
  • Paint brush












Step One:
Take apart your photo frame and use either the backing or the glass as your "chalkboard surface".
(I chose to use the backing as I liked the feel of the surface more than I liked the glass, but choose whichever you like more).
























 
Step Two:
Using whichever backing you've chosen, paint that surface with the chalkboard paint.


Step Three:
Wait for the paint to dry and apply a 2nd coat. Follow the directions on your chalkboard paint for appropriate wait time.












Once dry, put your picture frame back together and you're done!














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More