Sunday, November 11, 2012

Riot Tip: Cloud Light - Building It Better



Riot Tip: Cloud Light - Building It Better












I recently tried to recreate this really awesome tutorial I found online about creating a "cloud" effect using Cotton Batting, a Circular Paper Lantern, a Glue Gun and a light source.

Well…my results using those exact materials did not create the desired effect.














The Lantern and Cotton worked out just fine, but the Glue Gun glue was just awful to work with. In fact it created this horrible monstrosity.
(Those black marks? That's the glue gun glue.)













So I had a new idea. 

Instead of Glue Gun, why not use ADHESIVE SPRAY
And you know what?
It worked fantastically.



The tutorial is pretty basic.

Take the Cotton batting and glue it to the Paper Lantern and then place your lighting source inside of the lantern. (I used an LED Tap light in mine).

So what I did was take the Cotton Batting and cut it into smaller strips, but instead of gluing it to the lantern with a glue gun, I used adhesive spray. 

It worked fantastically.

Once my strips where placed, I gently pulled at the cotton to create a wispy cloud effect and applied my light source.

Here are my results:














(Please let me know if you would like a tutorial on this and I will write one!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More